What is Visual Memory?
This reflects the child's ability to store visual details of what has been seen in the short-term memory. If details aren't stored, there will also be difficulty accurately recalling, and in some instances reproducing, all of the characteristics of a given item.
Can cause issues with:
- reproducing figures (letters, shapes, or symbols) from memory
- mixing lower & uppercase letters
- copying from a text or chalkboard (the child would tend to copy only letter or number from the board at a time).
- replicating info on worksheets & tests
- comprehending reading
- dialing a phone number
- remembering sight words
- transferring learned words from one medium to another
- remembering what was read
- reproducing figures from memory
- identifying familiar surroundings (their neighborhood, or school)
- successfully navigating one's way
If you find that your child struggles with some of these issues, please call us 253.237.3404. We would love to answer your questions or concerns!