(These are general abilities you should expect to see, but these lists are not comprehensive)
How to engage with your 6 month old baby:
-Read to your baby while he/she is in supported sitting
-Play Patty-Cake, This Little Piggy, Hand/shoulders with your baby in tummy time and seated positions
-Let your baby explore toys with various sizes, colors, textures and shapes.
What are the typical 6 month milestones for your infant?
- Your baby should be able to push up with their arms extended
- He or she should roll from their back to their tummy
- They should grasp an object with one hand, but at the same time, be able to explore it with the other hand
- Your baby should have the capacity to bring their feet to their mouth with ease
- They can turn their head in all directions
- They can hold his/her bottle
- They should adjust their body to see an object
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s gross motor development, please call 253.237.3405 for an evaluation