What skills does your baby develop during their 4-5 month?
Before reading, you should know that these are general abilities you should expect to see, but this list is not comprehensive.
- Baby should be holding his or her head steady
- Your baby's head should not lag when pulling to sit position
- They should push down on their legs when their feet are on a hard supportive surface
- Your baby should roll from their tummy to their back, or they may start rolling back to tummy
- They should bring their hands to their mouth
- During tummy time, they will push up to his or her elbows
How to engage with your 4-5 month old baby
-Read to your baby
-Allow them to play with rattles, crinkly paper, or other toys that have sound
- Engage in Tummy Time - place toys in front and to the side of your little one
- Practice supported sitting playing in front of mirror.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s gross motor development, please call 253.237.3405 for an evaluation