What is Visual Closure?
This reflects a child's ability to look at an incomplete shape, object or amount, and fill in the missing details in order to identify what it would be if it were complete. This skills requires abstract problem solving.
Can cause problems with:
-student's ability to write
- using worksheets or test forms that are poorly photocopied
- copy something if he/she cannot see the complete presentation of what is to be copied
- complete partially drawn pictures or stencils
- completing assignments (the child tends to leave out parts of words or entire words, & leaves our parts of worksheets).
- completing dot-to-dot worksheets or puzzles
- identifying mistakes in written material
- solving math problems (geometry)
If you would like to know more, give us a call at 253.237.3405. We are always willing to help!