- Circle Creek Therapy
What is Form Constancy?
It is the ability to see a form & find it among other forms, even if it may be sized different or rotated. Visual form constancy reflects a child's ability to recognize forms, letters, or words regardless of their orientation.
If your child struggles with this, you would notice that it would:
- make reading difficult as the child might not recognize familiar letters when presented in different fonts, sizes or colors.
- result in being slower to master the alphabet & numbers
- lead to difficulty recognizing errors
- cause confusion between "p, q, & g", "a & o", "b & d"
- make transitioning from printed to cursive letters difficult
- result in assuming the size of objects regardless of their distance
- make it hard for your child to look at things from an angle
- make it difficult for your kid to understand volumetric concepts (mass, amount, & quantity)
- make recognizing things that should be familiar when environmental conditions change more difficult
- reflect attention & focus, which makes it difficult to complete schoolwork
Please call us if you have any questions at 253.237.3405. Our occupational therapists would LOVE to help!
#pediatricphysicaltherapy #formconstany #pediatricoccupationaltherapy #pediatricspeechtherapy